Did you know that your body is the most powerful, least expensive and BEST dietary experimentation lab in existence?
I have been traveling this journey of becoming the healthiest version of myself for the last 15 years. I've tried so many different diets and workouts based on what others said would work best. Sometimes they would work for a little while and other times they never worked. I'm still learning, but over the last 3 years I've come to realize that "others" don't know what's best for my body. They know what has worked for them and most often think it will work for everyone else. But the truth is, we are unique in so many ways, including how our bodies react to foods and workouts.
As I've been experimenting with myself, I've learned some things that I thought were interesting:
- As I've gotten older, I am starting to like more textures and flavors in my meals. Most often, one flavor or one texture is boring for me. So, when I eat with more textures and flavors I enjoy my food more.
- I don't like sweet foods as much as I did when I was younger. That is actually a good thing because I've also noticed that when I eat foods high in sugar often, I put on weight faster.
- I have given up beef and pork going on 16 years now. Doing this has actually made me like seafoods more and I don't feel as lethargic after I eat as I did when I had beef and pork in my diet.
- I have also given up eating fast foods for about 7 years now. I notice that the smell of fast food restaurants do not appeal to me at all anymore.
- I have given up soda also for 7 years. I tried drinking a 7-up once when I was sick and talk about a very bad reaction in my body from just taking a sip.
- Since I've given up all the above, exercise more and eat healthier foods, I've been able to maintain my weight, I feel great and I look younger today than I did when I was in my 30's.
So, the journey to the healthiest version of myself continues. I think I can truly say I am at my healthiest when I can get rid of my carpal tunnel, my sinus pressure and my occassional headaches. But all those are minor issues that I have and just my way of gauging my healthiness. I know that listenting to my body has been such a huge transformation in my health and mindset. Was it easy? Absolutely not! Was it worth it? Most definitely!
I encourage you to LISTEN to your body and take baby steps in experimenting with different foods to see what works best for you. Do your research. Knowledge is power!
As a Health Coach, my programs are centered around "experimentation" . I would love to walk your health journey with you and guide the process of self experimenation to help you reach those "ah-ha" moments and successes along the way. Message me if you'd like to learn more.